Aftercare Instructions for Waxing
- Do – apply antiseptic cream to treat areas 3 times in the 24 hours following treatment.
- Do – if your skin feels hot after treatment, bathe with a cold salt-water solution regularly in the hours following treatment, this reduces inflammation and speeds up the healing process. (Add half a teaspoon of salt to one cup of boiling water and chill).
- Do – apply sun block daily to prevent sunlight from interfering with the healing process for 2-3 days following treatment.
- Do – wear loose clothing.
- Do Not – expose the skin to sun, sunlight or sunbeds for 48 hours.
- Do Not – use a steam room, sauna or any heat treatment for 24 hours.
- Do Not – have a bath or shower for 24 hours.
- Do Not – swim in chlorinated water for 24 hours.
- Do Not – do aerobics or any exercise for 24 hours,
- Do Not – apply any heat or friction to the skin whatsoever
- Do Not – apply any moisturisers or body lotions, other than those recommended, by your therapist for 24 hours
- Do Not – apply body sprays or deodorants or perfume for 24 hours
- Do Not- apply talc, make up or false tan for 24 hours.
- Do Not – wear tights, leggings or tight fitting clothing for 24 hours.
- Do Not – massage the area for 24 hours.
Most people find the hair will start to re-grow within 7-10 days following treatment. The hair needs to be a certain length in order to successfully remove it by waxing. Allow 4 weeks before your next treatment. Immediately after treatment, the area may be red or slightly inflamed, we apply a cooling lotion after the treatment.
(Source the Federation of Holistic Therapists)