After Care Instructions for Permanent Hair Removal Electrolysis
- Do- apply antiseptic cream to treated area 3 times in the 24 hours following your treatment
- Do – if your skin feels hot after treatment; bathe with a cold or iced salt water solution regularly in the hours following treatment, this reduces inflammation and speeds up the healing process. (Add half a teaspoon of salt to one-cup of boiling water and chill).
- Do – apply sun block daily to prevent sunlight from interfering with the healing process.
- Do Not – touch the area with your fingers
- Do Not – pick any spots that may appear, sometimes small pinprick crusts may appear, it is important that they are not removed from the skin sooner than the natural process would allow.
- Do Not – wear make up on the area if any crusts or spots appear.
- Do Not – expose the skin to Sun, Sunlight or Sunbeds for 2 weeks after treatment, if you are having intensive treatment we recommend that you avoid sun exposure on the area for the duration of your course of treatment.
- Do Not – swim for 48 hours.
Apres Oil can be used at home regularly on the area being treated; this will condition the skin and hair and make the treatment easier on you and your skin
(Source the Federation of Holistic Therapists)